Super Bowl Commercials: What Do You Think?

February 3rd, 2013 at 1:01 pm by under Jacquie Walker's Newsroom Notebook

Here’s where I’ll be commenting on the commercials during today’s big game.  I welcome YOUR comments and I plan to use some of them during our late news tonight after the Super Bowl (and after CBS’ Elementary.)

I’ve already watched online more than 30 of the commercials that will run during the game.  I have an idea which one will be the likely favorite of viewers — but a few brands — Oreo, Tide,  Chrysler — have chosen not to reveal their ads before game day — and we’ll have to see if there  are any big winners there.

Game starts shortly before 6:30 p.m. — I’ll be back posting then.

58 Responses to “Super Bowl Commercials: What Do You Think?”

1. My thanks to all of you who have shared your thoughts with me tonight. I’ll have a brief recap tonight on News 4 which will air after CBS shows Elementary. Looks like we’ll make it on about midnight (thanks to the power outage!)
    Feel free to scroll down and check out my blog. I’ve posted about 1,000 of my personal photos on here in the past few years!
    Thank you for joining me here. I’ve appreciated all your comments!

2. John from Williamsville says:

Looks like I had the same bug that Andrew did! Thanks Jacquie!

3. Thank you, John. I loved your comments and your participation!

4. Pamela Stowe says:

The tribute to the military by Oprah was also very nice. A lot of them I didn’t realize they were commercials till afterwards so really couldn’t say.

5. Pamela Stowe says:

Loved the Bear trying to go into Canada and the Budwiezers Clydesdale. Can’t say much about half-time would have been nice just to hear Beyonce since some of her songs.

6. Mike says:

Really enjoyed the Dodge Ram commercial with Paul Harvey voice over

7. Shelly Brugh says:

A little late but I wanted to add my thoughts on the commercials. Absolutely LOVED the Bud foal commercial and the Dodge Ram with Paul Harvey!!
    The Go Daddy was the most disgusting ad I have seen. I mean YUCK!
    And I was really disappointed in the half time show. At one point my husband asked me if what they were singing was actually a song or not…. It was awful.
    And thats my thoughts. Thank you for allowing me to share them with you.
    P.S. I love Channel 4. I watch it all the time. Most of the shows I like are on your channel. Keep up the good work!

8. shawn says:

No paul rudd and seth rogan lovers out there that was best by far